Tuesday Release

Andrew Whitworth wknight8111 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 10 00:30:48 UTC 2008

Just a reminder that we have a release (my first as release manager!)
coming up on Tuesday. Some points:

1) If everybody could take time in the next week to run a "make
fulltest" to eek out any bugs we've got, that would be appreciated.
Bug reports are good, bug fixes are better. We've got an RT ticket
#60656 for the release, feel free to attach any outstanding issues to
that ticket that need to get resolved for the release (if any).
2) I know a lot has happened this month, make sure everybody updates
the NEWS, PLATFORMS, CREDITS and other files, as necessary. Language
developers can also take a look at languages/LANGUAGES_STATUS to make
sure it is up to date.
3) Take a look through the tasklist and make sure you know what action
items your names are next to:
https://trac.parrot.org/parrot/wiki/ParrotRoadmap. If your name is
there, it doesn't mean you need to do all the work. You could help
motivate others to do it.
4) Two tasks on the roadmap are listed as "at risk", meaning they
might not land before the release. To anybody with a few extra tuits
and strong C-foo, I need some help in the calling_conventions branch
tracking down a nasty and confusing bug. Maybe Tene can post an update
about the "PDD24-Events" task that is also at risk. Most other tasks
in the list appear to be in good shape, so keep up the good work!
5) 548 open RT tickets and 37 new RT tickets. If both these numbers
shrank between now and next Tuesday, I doubt chromatic would get upset
about it :)

Sorry if I'm nagging, this is my first release and I don't want it to
be a complete disaster.