Tuesday Release

Andrew Whitworth wknight8111 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 10 15:28:17 UTC 2008

On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 10:16 AM, Andrew Dougherty
<doughera at lafayette.edu> wrote:
> On Tue, 9 Dec 2008, Andrew Whitworth wrote:
>
>> 4) Two tasks on the roadmap are listed as "at risk", meaning they
>> might not land before the release. To anybody with a few extra tuits
>> and strong C-foo, I need some help in the calling_conventions branch
>> tracking down a nasty and confusing bug.
>
> Unfortunately, I tried haven't been able to even get this to build.  Last
> night, I set off a job to build it, but it failed due to some MANIFEST
> issues.  I fixed them later in the evening and restarted the build, but it
> still failed.  Earlier this morning, I re-ran 'svn up' to sync up to rev
> 33761, and it still fails to build with syntax errors (patch below) in
> src/multidispatch.c.  Fixing those, it now fails to build with linker
> errors, for which I don't have a patch handy.

Yes, it looks like I was relatively sloppy with my C++ comments. I'll
go in and fix them if they are going to be causing people grief. All
those linker errors look like they're from the IO branch merge. I hate
to ask, but have you done a "make realclean" on the branch?

Thanks for the help, all information is well-appreciated.