[perl #38929] [CAGE] [C] Get executable code out of .h files

Andrew Whitworth via RT parrotbug-followup at parrotcode.org
Sun Dec 21 02:07:21 UTC 2008

Okay, I've _finally_ gotten started on this issue, after examining the
makefile and the mechanisms involved here. In r34129 I added stub C code
files to the src/jit/* folders which will be included in the build
automatically. In r34163 I made the switch over for my current platform,
amd64. As you can see, the changes were relatively involved and are not
particularly easy to reproduce on other platforms.

Tomorrow I'm going to try to do the same for the /ia32 platform.
However, I don't have access to any of the other platforms for testing,
and I can't do this kind of work blind. To complete this for all
platforms, I would need access to other systems besides the two I have
here, or would need to find people with those systems for testing.

Tomorrow I'll probably close this ticket as-is and create more specific
tickets per-platform on Trac.