Trac tickets ready for general use

Klaas-Jan Stol parrotcode at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 05:03:00 UTC 2008

On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 8:33 PM, Allison Randal <allison at parrot.org> wrote:

> We have a new mailing: list parrot-tickets at lists.parrot.org, which will
> receive change notices for the Trac ticket queue. If you want to follow
> the ticket changes, subscribe at:

> I also updated the Trac site so Trac tickets have the flags we commonly
> use on RT. I took the opportunity to clean up and didn't include all the
> old flags. If you want a flag ported over or a new flag added, just let
> me know.
>
> This means we're ready to use Trac for tickets. You can create an
> account for yourself at:
>
> https://trac.parrot.org/parrot/register
>
> New tickets should go to Trac. We'll port old tickets over the next few
> months. (Consider it an opportunity to filter. If a ticket is a valuable
> ongoing task, port it to Trac. If it can be quickly resolved, resolve it
> rather than porting it. If the ticket is vague or outdated consider
> rejecting it. If it's a ticket for a particular language, leave it,
> we'll likely move it to a separate queue for the language. etc...)

I think it's important to remember that the Parrot source has some
references to RT # numbers. If a ticket is ported to trac, but the RT# is
not updated in the source, it'll become painful to fix this later.

This makes the porting process (converting RT tickets to trac) a bit less
trivial. However, I think it's important to keep this in mind.

cheers,
kjs