New Parrot mailing list

James E Keenan jkeen at verizon.net
Fri Sep 19 12:14:21 UTC 2008

Allison Randal wrote:
> James E Keenan wrote:
>>  >  I set up the Google Group, because I know a number of people are
>> using it. Can I see a show of hands of people who are only using NNTP
>> and would have difficulty switching to a regular email subscription or
>> Google Group? (I can't send to a newsgroup from my email client, so
>> Jim, could you forward this on?)
>
> And only just now found that Jim had CC'd the parrot mailing list as
> well as the news group that I wasn't able to reply to. I wouldn't be sad
> to see NNTP go.

Allison:

That's false.  I replied to the newsgroup, which is mirrored by the
mailing list.  Whenever I've posted to the list (independent of posts to
RT), the posts have been mirrored by the mailing list.  You asked we to
"forward this on," so I did exactly what I've done for hundreds of other
posts over the last two years.