References to multis (at PIR level)

Bob Rogers rogers-perl6 at rgrjr.dyndns.org
Wed Sep 24 01:15:39 UTC 2008

   From: Moritz Lenz <moritz at casella.verplant.org>
   Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 21:39:06 +0200

   . . .

   Now '<a b>.sort' works fine (it didn't before), but 'sort <a b>' fails
   like this:

   SUB sort
   METHOD sort
   No applicable methods.
   current instr.: 'parrot;Any;sort' pc 3090 (src/gen_builtins.pir:2129)
   called from Sub 'parrot;Any;sort' pc 10477 (src/gen_builtins.pir:6568)

   So the sub sort calls the method sort, where it dies, and I have no idea
   why.
   Any thoughts on how I could fix this?

   Moritz

I came up with the following patch to add debugging output a few weeks
ago when trying to understand a similar dispatch failure; it turned out
that I had been defining multis in different packages.  HTH,

					-- Bob Rogers
					   http://rgrjr.dyndns.org/