Parrot packaging problems

Michael Schroeder mls at suse.de
Thu Apr 9 10:20:12 UTC 2009

On Wed, Apr 08, 2009 at 08:26:45PM +0200, Reini Urban wrote:
> You might want to check
> https://trac.parrot.org/parrot/browser/trunk/ports/cygwin/parrot-1.0.0-1.src.patch
> for the patches I needed (for cygwin). They are quite similar to yours,
> sans rpath.

Yes, I already stumbled over them yesterday. I see you also moved
the files tagged "src" from /usr/src/... to /usr/lib/.../src.
What are the opinions of the parrot team about this?

Your pbc_to_exe patch uses the same idea of testing if
prefix == build_dir.
Hmm, that raises a question: Why should the installed config contain
a "build_dir" at all? The path stored there is pretty useless.

Another problem is that compilers like "nqp" are in the "compilers"
directory before installation, but end up in "languages" afterwards.
This makes it hard for projects like rakudo that need to work both
with an installed and a just built parrot.

Cheers,
  Michael.

Michael Schroeder                                   mls at suse.de