[perl #54520] [BUG] superclass methods of PMC classes aren't inherited

Andrew Whitworth via RT parrotbug-followup at parrotcode.org
Sat Apr 11 16:03:28 UTC 2009

On Fri Feb 06 07:40:02 2009, Whiteknight wrote:
> The question is this: Do we want this behavior to change? Do we want to
> be able to change the MRO of a class after that class has been
> instantiated? This would require at least a handful of additional checks
> at runtime to verify that the class hierarchy has not changed in any
> appreciable way.
>
> If we want this, it will be easy enough to add (although initial
> implementation will likely be less efficient then people would like). If
> we don't, this ticket gets rejected as wontfix. Any feedback?

I haven't heard any feedback, and I really don't think that people are
going to want to be able to alter the MRO after instantiation because of
the increased runtime costs of doing that. I'm rejecting this ticket as
wontfix. If we need anything else, we can open a separate ticket at Trac.

--
Andrew Whitworth
a.k.a Whiteknight