[perl #37578] [TODO] PIR - simple register allocation

Andrew Whitworth via RT parrotbug-followup at parrotcode.org
Sat Apr 11 16:51:22 UTC 2009

On Tue Nov 01 09:03:54 2005, pmichaud wrote:
> It would be nice if the PIR compiler had a way to use
> a very basic register allocation algorithm for .subs that
> use only a small number of registers.

pmichaud, Can I get a confirmation from you whether this issue has been
resolved for you or not? I thought the :unique_reg flag fixed this issue
for you, but the ticket was reopened because people weren't entirely
convinced that this is the case. Also, IMCC only uses the vanilla
allocator now, not the graph-coloring one, so does that affect your request?

Does :unique_reg or the vanilla allocator do what you were requesting?
If so, this ticket can be closed as resolved. If not, maybe a little bit
more detail is needed about this ticket so we can get it closed

I think this ticket should be resolved, but Coke thinks that it cannot
be. Without more information I'm going to reject this ticket as being
too vague and unresolvable in it's current state.