Possible release hold request from Rakudo

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Apr 20 15:44:48 UTC 2009

On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 04:14:21AM -0500, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> Just a note that within the past couple of days
> Rakudo seems to be experiencing problems building
> against Parrot trunk on a couple of key platforms
> (Windows Vista 32 and Darwin i386).
>
> We're still investigating the key details, but it might be
> desirable to hold the April release until we figure out why
> Rakudo isn't building in certain cases.

Since I wrote this message this morning, Coke++ has been
able to get Rakudo to build against latest Parrot with
Darwin x86.  I'm guessing it might've been something
odd on the particular machine we were testing with.
I'm still not sure what's up with Vista 32, but there
are people actively working on it so I think it's likely
to be resolved quickly.

Given this, I'm quite willing to say that it's okay for the
Parrot release to proceed as scheduled, and if we encounter
a further problem we'll deal with it (and learn how to
avoid it in the future).

Thanks!

Pm