find_method

bsdz blairuk at googlemail.com
Tue Apr 21 23:33:23 UTC 2009

On 21 Apr, 21:49, bsdz <blai... at googlemail.com> wrote:

> ... This also seems to happen if one creates their own
> method in the new derived class's namespace - that new method is no
> longer under methods but under namespace.

A small correction. A new method declared as described above does show
in the methods hash. It also has a corresponding link from the
namespace hash to the new method. Something like this: -

<snip>
    "methods" => Hash {
        "mysub" => PMC 'Sub' { ... }
    },
    "namespace" => NameSpace {
        "mysub" => \VAR1["methods"]["mysub"]
    },
</snip>

This seems to suggest to me that methods are inherited from a base PMC
but vtables aren't. Perhaps different find_method subs are being
called for vtables and methods if find_method is used to find vtables.