Format string atoms

Will Coleda will at coleda.com
Mon Apr 27 20:47:03 UTC 2009

On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 3:20 PM, pancake <pancake at youterm.com> wrote:
> It is possible to add/remove format string characters in runtime? Is there
> an api to do it internally or they are stiatically assigned?
>
> It would be interesting to have this feature for some languages or to
> restrict the use of certain format chars at some point of a program.
>
> --pancake

partcl's plan here was to have some code massage the passed in format
string to map to parrot. (Although right now, the code that does
string formatting, [format], just does a passthrough.)

I wouldn't recommend changing the behavior of sprintf on the fly, it
could potentially break the standard library, or other loaded code,
etc.

--
Will "Coke" Coleda