xconf directory?

James E Keenan jkeen at verizon.net
Fri Aug 7 23:00:44 UTC 2009

Allison Randal wrote:
> The xconf/ directory in the parrot repository was added from the
> 'fileconfig' branch last year, but it looks like it was never used (it
> just contains a samples/ directory). Can this be deleted, or moved into
> either examples/ or config/?

I added this directory to hold some files that could be used as samples
of file-based configuration.  You can use to follow an example provided
in Configure.pl's documentation.  And there are some configuration step
tests that use them to test file-based configuration.

If you would like to move them elsewhere, can you open a TT for that
purpose?  You can include the following 'grep' output:

$ fns . | xargs grep -n xconf
./Configure.pl:655:    perl Configure.pl --file=xconf/samples/yourfoobar
./Configure.pl:659:    perl Configure.pl --file=xconf/samples/testfoobar
./lib/Parrot/Test/Pod.pm:48:                        |
xconf/samples/yourfoobar
./lib/Parrot/Test/Pod.pm:54:                        |
xconf/samples/testfoobar
./MANIFEST:2168:xconf/samples/testfoobar
     []
./MANIFEST:2169:xconf/samples/yourfoobar
     []
./MANIFEST.orig:2167:xconf/samples/testfoobar
          []
./MANIFEST.orig:2168:xconf/samples/yourfoobar
          []
./t/configure/008-file_based_configuration.t:20:    my $configfile =
q{xconf/samples/testfoobar};
./t/configure/008-file_based_configuration.t:43:    my $configfile =
q{xconf/samples/yourfoobar};

Thank you very much.
kid51