[PCT] Q: Is there some kind of line number functionality already implemented?

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Aug 12 15:01:17 UTC 2009

On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 10:46:21AM -0400, Austin Hastings wrote:
> acking around, I can't find anything that seems to do the "at line
> number so-and-so" job in the PCT code. It seems likely that I just
> haven't chosen the right name to search for, though.
>
> Can someone point me at the name / sample invocation of the
> "what-line-is-this-node-at" code?

CodeString objects supply a ".lineof" method for this.
And I think that PGE (or perhaps PCT) automatically promotes
the target string into a CodeString.  So from a Match object,
one can typically do:

    .local pmc orig
    orig = match.'orig'()
    $I0 = orig.'lineof'(1000)     # get line number for position 1000

Pm