Parrot "standard libraries"

Timothy S. Nelson wayland at wayland.id.au
Mon Aug 17 06:05:08 UTC 2009

On Fri, 14 Aug 2009, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> Perhaps we can come up with some analysis tools that (1) identifies for
> a given module the core HLL features required and (2) extracts that
> subset out into a "minimal runtime .pbc" that can be safely loaded,
> but that sounds somewhat tricky.  Outside of Parrot I guess there's
> some prior art in the notion of dynamically linked libraries, but
> I haven't see anything in the context of doing something similar
> with Parrot pbcs.

 	Package managers (or at least RPM), in the build tools, do an analysis
to attempt to determine the prerequisites for a package.  RPM expects you to
provide your own "Requires" list, but it will add to that everything it thinks
it needs.

 	HTH,

| Name: Tim Nelson                 | Because the Creator is,        |
| E-mail: wayland at wayland.id.au    | I am                           |