Trac'ing tests status

Michael Hind mike.hind at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 16:03:24 UTC 2009

As I mentioned on #parrot, I was actually appalled, that we had a situation
that rakudo and partcl failed to build (Segmentation fault) and cardinal
built but aborted make test and the only indication on parrot was that one
test failed, not even a mainstream test, but ONE of the many examples_tests
(which are only run under make fulltest).

The test that failed - t/examples/past.t - failed test 2.

I got -> Failed test 'examples/past/01-sub.pir' - at t/examples/past.t line
42.  Exited with error code: 134.  This happens to be the same error code
that the rakudo build failed with.

All the other tests PASSed.

Of the 10000 plus tests run under make test or smolder_test NOT ONE failed.

Here we have a situation where we have major failures in our HLL's and we
are not catching it in the tests.

That's essentially what I wanted to rant about.

Cheers,

Michael (mikehh)

2009/8/26 Will Coleda <will at coleda.com>

> We should be following rakudo's example of not closing tickets for
> which tests could be written.
>
> We could abuse the existing trac fields we have to help track this
> status, or we could add a new "Tests" field, with "needs, has, can't,
> <null>"
>
> Moritz has suggested we should additionally track the name of the test
> file.
>
> Throwing to the list for discussion; I'll get OSU to update our trac
> instance if it turns out we decide we need new field(s) for this.
>
> --
> Will "Coke" Coleda

Michael H. Hind

Cell: +44 (0) 7877 224 745