1085 trac ticket

Will Coleda will at coleda.com
Wed Dec 2 13:31:01 UTC 2009

On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 3:30 AM, Konovalov, Vadim (Vadim)** CTR **
<vadim.konovalov at alcatel-lucent.com> wrote:
>> From: parrot-dev-bounces at lists.parrot.org
>> [mailto:parrot-dev-bounces at lists.parrot.org] On Behalf Of Will Coleda
>>
>> If the library file was working in the 1.4 release, we should keep it
>> there until just after 2.0 and add a dep notice pointing to plumage.
>> if it wax added after 1.4, rip if out.
>
> The whole point was because development of this functionality have been moved out of central repository.
> (actually this step was a good win, for several reasons)

Yes. But if someone was depending on this in core parrot, saying "all
you have to do is install this other tool" isn't, in my opinion,
keeping to the intent of the support policy. (I am happy to be
outvoted on this.)

> If not rip out, then these 3 files should be updated to their (much) better version from plumage, but I think these are very safe to delete from core parrot.

Sure, as long as they aren't removing anything that was already
available via the library or making incompatible changes.

--
Will "Coke" Coleda