Euler Project Problem #4 Benchmark on Parrot 0.2.0 - trunk (r42903)

Jonathan Leto jaleto at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 07:34:12 UTC 2009

Howdy,

On Sun, Dec 6, 2009 at 5:17 AM, James E Keenan <jkeen at verizon.net> wrote:

> For those of us who are unfamiliar with Euler Project Problems (as I was):
>
> http://projecteuler.net/index.php?section=problems
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Euler
>
> Jonathan:  Are these often used as benchmarks?
>
> kid51

I am not sure about "often" but a small tribe of programmers are
building a database of solutions to the Euler Project problems in
every language they can [*]. It is called euler_bench [0]. Euler_bench
contains the scripts that I use to benchmark parrot, as well. We
realized that euler_bench was a benchmarking framework bigger than the
Euler Project, so we started re-implementing it without being
EP-specific, which is called tool_bench [1].

Duke

[*] Currently there are solutions for Perl 5, Parrot, Perl 6, Ruby,
Scala, Haskell and Erlang
[0] http://github.com/notbenh/euler_bench
[1] http://github.com/notbenh/tool_bench

--