Gerd or Allison (TT 873)

Moritz Lenz moritz at casella.faui2k3.org
Tue Dec 8 16:11:42 UTC 2009

On Tue, Dec 08, 2009 at 04:38:20PM +0100, Jerome Quelin wrote:
> On 09/12/08 16:34 +0100, Moritz Lenz wrote:
> > Did I miss something? Or does that not work anymore?
>
> it works, but needs the files that get installed in /usr/src/parrot
> what are those files?

They are parrot-level header files, I think.

> are they really needed? will the keep being
> needed?

"Yes" to both. At least I haven't heard of an attempt to get rid of them, and
I don't see why they are evil and should go away.

> also, will the version scheme yyyy-mm last? (i'm fine with that, but
> would like to know)

I think there was some discussion of changing it to yyyy.mm because some
package managers would complain about the dash in the version number, but I'm
not sure what became of that. pmichaud should know, though.

Cheers,
Moritz