Parrot 1.9.0 is coming tomorrow

Will Coleda will at coleda.com
Mon Dec 14 19:11:48 UTC 2009

I think the release announcement should be big ticket items/overview.
While there may very well be a place to go into that level of detail
about what's changed in the last month, I don't think our press
release is it.

We've been trending towards putting more details in this announcement,
and while I do wish to reflect the amount of work done, I can tell you
that there are folks out there for whom the listing of internal
details like the list of tests that were converted from perl to pir
come across as a negative.

I am a big fan of perl's new 5.11 announcements; here's a snippet from 5.11.2:

http://use.perl.org/articles/09/11/23/1434246.shtml, starting at
"Notable Changes".

Perhaps now would be a good time to stop posting NEWS as the release
announcement, and figure out what's going into CHANGELOG (nothing? can
we just delete it?) also.

I would be happy to whip up a script that could be used to generate
the author names, and other metric information as shown in the perl
announcement.

Will "Coke" Coleda