Stability, complexity bottlenecks

Carl Mäsak cmasak at gmail.com
Mon Dec 21 20:24:07 UTC 2009

Andy (>), Carl (>>):
>> With Parrot r43112 and Rakudo 8dc189 installed, after downloading and
>> building code by the following steps:
>>
>> $ git clone git://github.com/masak/gge.git
>> $ cd gge
>> $ export PERL6LIB=`pwd`/lib
>> $ git co -b exhandler-failure origin/exhandler-failure
>> $ perl6 Configure
>
> I tried to reproduce this problem, but I got stuck at this step, with
>
>    Configure.pm is preparing to make your Makefile.
>
>    Found a PARROT_DIR to be /home/doughera/tmp/parrot
>    but there is no Rakudo nearby. Please contact the proto people.
>
> I had built and installed a parrot, and then used that to build and
> install a rakudo.  I guess that's not supported.

Hello, proto person here. Yes, you seem to be running a setup that
Configure.pm currently doesn't support.

If you can stomach the hackishness of it all, could you try editing
lib/Configure.pm, hardcoding your Rakudo path on line 16, and then
commenting our lines 23-38? That should get you moving again.

// Carl