[perl #46179] [TODO] Remove GC code depending upon -D40 before parrot 1.0

Andrew Whitworth via RT parrotbug-followup at parrotcode.org
Mon Feb 2 14:39:59 UTC 2009

On Sat Oct 06 05:46:09 2007, pcoch wrote:
> In src/gc/register.c:clear_regs() there is the todo item:
>
> /* depending on -D40 we set int, num to garbage different garbage
>          * TODO remove this code for parrot 1.0

We do want to remove the current code from clear_regs(), but what do we
want to change it to? The PMC and STRING registers obviously need to be
nulled out for GC to avoid false positives. Do we need to clear the
values of the INT and NUM registers too? If so, what values do we want
them to have? Should we still use special flag values for -D40?

With a little instruction I can fix this right up.

--
Andrew Whitworth
a.k.a Whiteknight