[perl #52288] [INSTALL] undefined reference to `Parrot_set_executable_name', linking failed

Andrew Whitworth via RT parrotbug-followup at parrotcode.org
Mon Feb 2 17:24:38 UTC 2009

On Sun May 11 06:33:13 2008, bernhard wrote:
> In r27445 I added this warning. Additionally I added this note:
>
>    RT#52288: the check for old_versions should be improved
>
> Regards,
>    Bernhard

This ticket was about the inability to find Parrot_set_executable_name()
during the link. I think we've resolved that problem now, and instead
put the focus on the problem of needing to avoid conflicts with
installed and development Parrots. I'm going to close this ticket now,
and we can talk about the installation procedure and conflicts that
arise from it elsewhere.

--
Andrew Whitworth
a.k.a Whiteknight