[perl #27181] [BUG] optimizer

Andrew Whitworth via RT parrotbug-followup at parrotcode.org
Thu Feb 5 15:06:48 UTC 2009

On Sat Dec 16 15:03:25 2006, pmichaud wrote:
> A Parrot bug-day update:  We looked into this ticket, and the -O2
> workaround that Leo mentioned is still in place.  Removing the
> workaround causes 5 of 6 tests in t/compilers/imcc/imcpasm/opt2.t to
> fail (these tests show that -O2 optimization isn't actually optimizing
> as it should).
>
> So, this ticket is still unresolved.  Perhaps should be marked as
"stalled".

I'm going to go out on a limb and reject this ticket. IMCC is on the way
out, and PIRC will replace it. We don't know what the optimization
behavior of PIRC will be, but I can't imagine that it's going to have
the same issues as IMCC's optimizer has. Also, I can't imagine that we
are going to get IMCC's optimizer straightened out before the 1.0
release, if we ever get it fixed at all before it's replaced (unlikely).

Rejecting this ticket.

--
Andrew Whitworth
a.k.a Whiteknight