[perl #36251] [TODO] Parrot_call_method ... both name and sub should be optional

Andrew Whitworth via RT parrotbug-followup at parrotcode.org
Thu Feb 5 15:22:24 UTC 2009

On Sat Jun 11 15:15:28 2005, chip wrote:
> There should be no need to pass name if sub is passed, and vice versa.
> Passing both should be legal; it should indicate that the given sub
> was found under the given name.

A few points:

1) We don't have any functions anymore called "Parrot_call_method*".
2) We don't have many functions that take both a STRING method name and
a PMC sub object. None of the calling convention functions in
src/inter_call.c have these forms.
3) We have a few functions in src/inter_run.c of the form "runops_*"
that take both a STRING name and a PMC sub object, but in all cases that
I can see the STRING is listed as being a SHIM and is never used.

This whole subsystem is still being worked on and most of these
functions that we have will be disappearing anyway. I'm rejecting this
ticket.

--
Andrew Whitworth
a.k.a Whiteknight