[perl #37993] [BUG] optimized parrot behaves differently than non-optimized (win32-msvc)

Reini Urban via RT parrotbug-followup at parrotcode.org
Thu Feb 5 18:44:27 UTC 2009

On Thu Jan 29 06:05:13 2009, Whiteknight wrote:
> On Wed Dec 24 05:39:54 2008, Whiteknight wrote:
> optimized

This neg -0 => 0 error is observable on msvc and mingw.

It is caused by the msvcrt.dll (aka the libc) for windows and is
therefore parrot and compiler independent.
cygwin is not affected, since newlib has this correct.

We could work around it in the op for neg (DWIM) or keep it
as expected platform semantics.
I would vote for platform unity, and fix the neg -0 case.
--
Reini Urban