[perl #53494] [BUG] --parrot_is_shared=0 IS shared?
doughera at lafayette.edu
Tue Feb 17 15:04:16 UTC 2009
On Tue, 17 Feb 2009, Will Coleda via RT wrote:
> On Mon Apr 28 23:52:22 2008, coke wrote:
> > While trying to put the macport for 0.6.1 together, I noticed that the
> > install failed.
> > Tracked it down to the fact that --parrot_is_shared=0 seems to be
> > generating a parrot that relies on a shared lib.
> Verified, this still fails as of r36803. This, combined with TT #344,
> blocks creation of a functioning macport.
>  Generates a parrot that depends on libparrot.dylib
That's because Configure.pl doesn't allow you any way to override the
hints file. What I had in mind was a more primitive, ruthless editing of
the darwin hints file, something like this (totally untested)
--- parrot-current/config/init/hints/darwin.pm 2009-02-01 20:44:27.000000000 -0500
+++ parrot-andy/config/init/hints/darwin.pm 2009-02-17 09:55:39.000000000 -0500
@@ -55,20 +55,6 @@
ld_load_flags => '-undefined dynamic_lookup -bundle',
memalign => 'some_memalign',
has_dynamic_linking => 1,
- # RT 43147: When built against a dynamic libparrot,
- # installable_parrot records the path to the blib version
- # of the library.
- parrot_is_shared => 1,
- libparrot_shared => 'libparrot.$(SOVERSION)$(SHARE_EXT)',
- libparrot_shared_alias => 'libparrot$(SHARE_EXT)',
- rpath => "-L",
- libparrot_soname => "-install_name "
- . $lib_dir
- . $conf->data->get('slash')
- . "libparrot"
- . $conf->data->get('share_ext')
Andy Dougherty doughera at lafayette.edu
More information about the parrot-dev