The Core Problem with Parrot Version Numbers

Todd Olson tco2 at cornell.edu
Fri Feb 20 15:06:37 UTC 2009

At 13:33 -0800 2009-02-19, chromatic wrote:
>Alternately, we could use code names to refer to the biannuals, which appeals
>to my sense of whimsy:
>	July 2009		Cockatoo 1
>				Cockatoo 2

So would I be making an mistake if I dropped Cockatoo 2 in place of Cockatoo 1
expecting things that worked in C1 to just keep working in C2 ??

  (hum ... I only mean to ask this question for times after Parrot
  (has reached some level of stability ... I don't mean to implie
  (that the early days of Parrot should have this sort of stability.

Regards,
Todd Olson