The Core Problem with Parrot Version Numbers

Andrew Whitworth wknight8111 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 18:41:50 UTC 2009

On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 1:32 PM, chromatic <chromatic at wgz.org> wrote:
> To make the jump from 2.0 to 2.5 in six months work, we have to say, *right
> now*, that one of the releases will contain only "minor improvements",
> whatever that means.

Again, to reiterate my earlier points and support what c is saying, we
shouldn't want to say "let's hope we aren't that lucky". If we get
into such a situation where a major change has to get numbered as if
it's a minor one just to preserve sanity, we've destroyed any
correlation between an X.Y.Z system and our position that Y represents
major monthly updates. If anything, we should not only anticipate a
situation where we do get 6 consecutive major releases, we should be
doing everything we can to make it a reality.