[perl #53494] [BUG] --parrot_is_shared=0 IS shared?

Andy Dougherty doughera at lafayette.edu
Sun Feb 22 14:14:28 UTC 2009

On Sun, 22 Feb 2009, Reini Urban wrote:

> Andrew Dougherty schrieb:

> > > Verified, this still fails[1] as of r36803. This, combined with TT #344,
> > > blocks creation of a functioning macport.
> >
> > > [1] Generates a parrot that depends on libparrot.dylib
> >
> > That's because Configure.pl doesn't allow you any way to override the hints
> > file.  What I had in mind was a more primitive, ruthless editing of the
> > darwin hints file, something like this (totally untested)

This was intended as a quick hack to try to get something --- anything --
working prior to the 0.9.1 release.

> What I have in mind is a more general conf approach.
>
> 1. Disallow $conf->data->set('key') at all if $conf->options->get('key')
> exists, only allow $conf->data->add('key').
> Users try to fix the wrong hints options, and this is not enforced. Only some
> keys are cooperative, most not.

I'm not sure what, exactly, you mean here, but that's ok.

> 2. Allow all keys to be given at the Configure.pl cmdline as in perl5.
>    Append (Apply after hints), Undefine and Define.

See the related discussion in [perl #42412].  (I've updated RT with the
relevant link.)

In any case, I won't have any time to do anything parrot-related for at
least the next several weeks, so I'm afraid I can't be of further help
here.

    Andy Dougherty		doughera at lafayette.edu