[perl #46179] [TODO] Remove GC code depending upon -D40 before parrot 1.0

Andrew Whitworth via RT parrotbug-followup at parrotcode.org
Mon Feb 23 18:25:49 UTC 2009

Okay, I took a quick stab at this today, removing that section where the
variables were initialized to 888. On my system several new test
failures appear without this (which indicates to me that somebody is
relying on these lousy initialization values. Here is the list of tests
that my system says are failing now:

t/pmc/class.t:22-23
t/pmc/exceptionhandler.t:7
t/pmc/hash.t:99
t/pmc/managedstruct:8
t/compilers/pge/06-grammar.t:1-16

I'm going to take a look later to see if the tests are wrong or if
something internally is relying on this weird behavior.