Brave new (1.0) world.

chromatic chromatic at wgz.org
Tue Feb 24 23:21:28 UTC 2009

On Tuesday 24 February 2009 15:14:31 Andy Lester wrote:

> You laugh, but how many people squawked about the OSCON proposal
> deadline being January Nth, and wondering "Is that midnight the start
> of January Nth, or 23:59 at the end of January Nth"?
>
> A day is not a deadline.  It's a big wide spot.

Anybody willing to argue timezone ambiguity when discussing the exact moment
of deprecated feature removal needs a much better hobby than filing bug
reports and writing angry screeds on a mailing list.  I suggest going outside.

Please note that while we plan the *date* of our releases, we promise neither
a specific time nor a timezone.  If you need more exact planning than that,
perhaps community-driven software does not meet your needs.

Is this thread dead enough yet?

-- c