'languages' repository on svn.parrot.org

Will Coleda will at coleda.com
Fri Feb 27 01:10:42 UTC 2009

On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 7:56 PM, Allison Randal <allison at parrot.org> wrote:
> We have a new 'languages' subversion repository and Trac instance, available
> for languages targeting Parrot. Most of the languages that haven't already
> migrated to other repositories will be migrating to this repository.

I would have no problem if languages that hadn't yet been moved were
simply removed. If they eventually get a maintainer back, an svn copy
of the last revision they were in can happen then.

What plans then for: http://code.google.com/p/squawk/ ?

> Your username and password for these are always the same as your username
> and password for Parrot's SVN and Trac, but the permissions are different
> (that is, you may have ticket management or commit access to 'languages' but
> not to 'parrot', or vice versa).

Plans for CLA/Copyright/Licensing?

> Each language has it's own 'trunk' and 'branches', so the general way of
> checking out a language is:
>
>  svn co https://svn.parrot.org/languages/punie/trunk punie

Are we going to setup separate commit (or dev) mailing lists for
languages? Right now language commits are being sent to the parrot
list (with invalid changeset URLs.)

Regards.

--
Will "Coke" Coleda