Tests failing on Windows

Jonathan Worthington jonathan at jnthn.net
Sat Jan 10 23:56:56 UTC 2009

ajr at ippimail.com wrote:
> Recently, using the Strawberry Perl environment on Windows, there have
> been a lot more error messages (failing tests, &c.) than on Linux. (At one point, make perl6 failed.) Is this a sign that someone is actively
> developing in that environment? (In that case, filing bug reports would presumably be redundant.)

I actively do Parrot and Rakudo development on Win32, but with
ActiveState Perl. I do see *some* failures, mostly related to NaN/Inf
handling things. I hadn't noticed a big increase in failures, though -
would at least be interesting to compare what you're seeing against what
I and other Win32 devs are.

> If reports are needed, would one all-encompassing ticket be preferable, or one ticket per failed test?

One all-encompassing one at first, then we can always create some more
if we want to track specific issues (or we may already have some).

Thanks!

Jonathan