[perl #48014] [DEPRECATED] PMC union struct

Will Coleda via RT parrotbug-followup at parrotcode.org
Wed Jan 14 03:17:37 UTC 2009

On Wed Nov 05 13:04:11 2008, chromatic at wgz.org wrote:
> On Wednesday 22 October 2008 09:28:38 Bernhard Schmalhofer via RT wrote:
>
> > Does this mean that this ticket can be closed and the deprecation item
> > in DEPRECATED.pod be removed?
>
> Not until we apply this patch and all tests still pass.
>
> -- c

I removed one definition (PMC_str_val) locally and tried to fix the build. made some decent
progress: I assume that the replacement for this define and direct struct access are the
corresponding vtable entries; One problem, string.pmc's set_string_native uses the macro to
set its own value; How do I replace it there?

--
Will "Coke" Coleda