migration of subversion to parrot.org

Geoffrey Broadwell geoff at broadwell.org
Wed Jan 14 17:02:56 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-01-14 at 08:06 -0800, Mark Glines wrote:
> Allison Randal wrote:
> > Our perl.org and parrot.org admins will be migrating our subversion
> > repository tomorrow (Jan 14th). The svn.perl.org repository will go down
> > at 19:00 UTC (11am Pacific time, where the servers are located), and we
> > anticipate they'll be up again on svn.parrot.org before 2am UTC (6pm
> > Pacific time). I'll keep you updated as things move along, and let you
> > know when you can start committing again.
>
> Ok.  So, from the perspective of TT #138, I'll take this as a "no"
> answer and close out the ticket.  There's some interest (well, PerlJam
> and myself) in setting up a third party semi-public bidirectional git
> gateway, so I'll focus my efforts in that direction instead.

I'm all for using git (I use git-svn to do Parrot commits, and I really
wish Parrot would just bite the bullet and switch to git outright), but
what about the svn props problem?  Are people still going to be stuck
with doing all the real work in git, but keeping a raw svn checkout
around just for updating properties?

-'f