migration of subversion to parrot.org

Allison Randal allison at parrot.org
Wed Jan 14 22:34:52 UTC 2009

Ovid wrote:
>> From: Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at poboxcom>
>
>> I think this massively understates reality, by presuming that only
>> Parrot developers (people on the parrot-dev mailing list) are the
>> ones affected by this switch.
>
> The committers definitely have to know about this, but how difficult
> would it be to keep the old svn location in synch with the new?  That
> way people who just need to check out parrot don't need to know about
> the change right away.

Can be done, but it would mean we have to keep supporting both locations
for years into the future. (Like, we're still stuck with the
perl6-internals mailing list, even though we "migrated off of it"
years ago.)

The best all-around solution is to help Rakudo settle in the new home,
and then make a clean separation.

Allison