How to say "provides foo" in PIR?

Andrew Whitworth wknight8111 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 13:16:17 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 3:39 AM, Will Coleda <will at coleda.com> wrote:
> Ah, thank you.
>
> My first joking response was going to be: "That's far too simple,
> it'll never work. ;)"; I apparently jinxed myself.
>
> I tested it and it doesn't seem to work; the override isn't invoked;
> This prints out '0' and nothing else. (using does_pmc instead has the
> same non-effect).

The VTABLE_does in src/pmc/class.pmc currently doesn't look for a PIR
override. Instead it dispatches the request directly to the associated
class object.

Do we want this to be overridable from PIR? If so, I'll throw together
a fix to call the PIR override if available, and fall back to current
semanics otherwise.