Ops Review

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Tue Jan 20 19:46:49 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 01:15:26PM -0600, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 01:09:14PM -0800, chromatic wrote:
> > I've skimmed all of the ops in our .ops files, and here are my
> > recommendations for deprecations.  [...]
>
> Short answers to chromatic's original list first, then I'll
> make longer responses to the other items in the thread.

Turns out I didn't have any longer responses to other items in the
thread.

Here are some other items:

- IIRC, 'bsr' and 'ret' were to be deprecated/removed -- is that
  still the case?  I don't see a note in DEPRECATED about them.

- I don't think the 'class' opcode is needed any longer; use 'typeof'.

- I'm not sure what the purpose of 'get_repr' is, or if anyone is using it.

Pm