How to communicate the drop of parrot-languages

Reini Urban rurban at x-ray.at
Thu Jan 22 09:52:45 UTC 2009

redhat and cygwin maintained a single parrot-languages package,
besides parrot-perl6.

The goal for parrot-1.0 is to drop out all languages.
First tcl dropped out, and since 0.9 a lot more, so I will discontinue
maintaining a single parrot-languages package.
My languages makefile patches were also rejected to be able to collect the
language-specific docs and installables, so it became impossible to
maintain it at once,
there's no Parrot::Install library support neither,
and I see no light at the end of the tunnel to consistently maintain
installable languages.
I used a package scripting hack before similar to redhat but this is a
unmaintainable mess.

How should I communicate this to cygwin?

42 parrot-$LANG packages are up for grabs:
APL
BASIC
PIR
WMLScript
Zcode
abc
amber
befunge
bf
c99
cardinal
chitchat
cola
dotnet
eclectus
ecmascript
forth
hq9plus
jako
json
jvm
lazy-k
lisp
lolcode
lua
m4
ook
pheme
pipp
plumhead
pugs
punie
pynie
regex
scheme
squaak
tap
tcl
unlambda
urm

Maybe I'll take parrot-pipp, but not more.
--
Reini Urban
http://phpwiki.org/              http://murbreak.at/