please consider accepting the ticket #86 from trac

Konovalov, Vadim (Vadim)** CTR ** vkonovalov at alcatel-lucent.com
Mon Jan 26 08:11:08 UTC 2009

> > I need the community to consider accepting change #86 from trac.
> > Those are starting point for a Tk for Rakudo,
> > largely unfinished,
> > but I need some initial pin so I will be able to string
> further changes to it.
>
> I've done some testing and works well. Unfortunately the way the pir
> library uses to load the binary tcl library does not allow an easy way
> to die gracefully skipping the remaining test (at least I failed to
> found one). That way will annoy a lot of developers and testers.

Yes, I've not considered what to do if tcl library is absent on a system, sorry.
I've replaced "tcl_lib.t" to skip the test until I'll make proper checks next time.

> BTW, in Ubuntu the tcl8.4-dev package create the libctl8-4.so symbolic
> link to the versioned library file.

yes, that is the reason why it do not work on feather.

feather.perl6.nl machine has the TCL shared lib at /usr/lib/libtcl8.4.so.0
and there is no /usr/lib/libtcl8.4.so

After I've created a symlink:
ln -s /usr/lib/libtcl8.4.so.0 libtcl8.4.so

... and then added the library "./libtcl8.4" into the "try" list, the GUI
appeared on feather pc!

That said, the "loadlib" opcode seemingly not able to deal
with "libtcl.8.4.so.0" even when fully specified path to shared library.

I wonder - is it my fault on using "loadlib"?

Best regards,
Vadim.