big-endian+64 platforms test required TT#254: t/native_pbc/number.t

Reini Urban rurban at x-ray.at
Sat Jan 31 14:30:05 UTC 2009

> #254: t/native_pbc/number.t:  New failure on some platforms
> ---------------------+------------------------------------------------------
>  Reporter:  jkeenan  |       Owner:
>      Type:  bug      |      Status:  new
> Component:  none     |     Version:
>  Severity:  medium   |    Keywords:
>      Lang:           |       Patch:
>  Platform:           |
> ---------------------+------------------------------------------------------
>  A change today in ''t/native_pbc/number.t'' (and possibly other files) has
>  caused a test in that file to begin to fail on some, but not all,
>  platforms.
>
>  See attachments.
>
>  I experienced this failure on Darwin/PPC, but not on Linux/i386.  It was
>  also reported on x86_64 on ICC.

PBC is supposed to be platform independent, but the tests were disabled
due "to ongoing pbc format changes", which settled around 2005.
I enabled some of these tests in order to get failure reports from
non-32bit or big-endian platforms.

Can someone on darwin/ppc or 64-bit platforms or platforms with failing
t/native_pbc/number.t or integer tests please send some native pbc's as
described in t/native_pbc/number.t

./parrot -o n.pbc t/op/number_1.pasm
make pdump
./pdump -h n.pbc

We'd need the n.pbc and the output of ./pdump -h n.pbc

For a failing t/native_pbc/integer.t it would be:
cat > i.pasm <<EOF
print 0x10203040
end
EOF
./parrot -o i.pbc i.pasm

./pdump -h i.pbc

I'll fix the packfile reader and add the tests then.
Thanks.
--
Reini Urban
http://phpwiki.org/  http://murbreak.at/