Here be dragons! Branch tt761_keys_revamp merged to trunk.

Vasily Chekalkin bacek at bacek.com
Wed Jul 15 22:33:09 UTC 2009

Florian Hatat wrote:
>> Any suggestions how to bring those tests back?
>
> I'd suggest: convert them to PIR, and replace dumping with equality tests.
>
> #'"ast" => PMC 'PAST;Op'  {
> #     <pasttype> => "pirop"
> #     <pirop> => "add"
> #     <lvalue> => "foo"
> #     <inline> => "%r = add %0, %1"
> #}
>
> becomes:
>
> is(ast["pasttype"], "pirop", "PAST;Op - pasttype")
> is(ast["pirop"], "add", "PAST;Op - pirop")

Main purpose of those tests is testing serialised output of PAST/POST
nodes. So checking internal structure is not what we want.

Currently I'm thinking about two options:
1. Adding "stream" parameter to "_dumper()" and check output in PIR.
2. As moritz++ suggested, sort keys in _dumper before output.

--
Bacek