Will Coleda will at coleda.com
Fri Jul 17 13:24:54 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 9:04 AM, bsdz<blairuk at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On 17 July, 13:58, Mark Glines <m... at glines.org> wrote:
>> Also, ticket triage is a group effort, very much driven by volunteer
>> time.  If you see a ticket in need of more info, you're welcome to
>> provide it yourself.  And on the flip side, since every developer
>> decides for themselves how best to spend their time, there's no
>> guarantee that you'll get an answer to every question within a specific
>> time frame.
>
> Sadly, no access. One can add tickets but only *certain* other people
> can do anything else to them.

Given how easy it is to create an account (and that we've already at
least one spam-only account created), giving everyone access to higher
ticket privs doesn't happen automatically.

Adding comments to tickets indicating that the ticket status can or
should be changed should be possible by anyone with a trac account: if
you can't edit one of the status fields, just leave a comment on the
ticket politely suggesting that it happen.

If someone with privs doesn't think to give you bug mangling privs
after a few helpful comments, you can always ask nicely on list or
IRC.

As one of the *certain* people you're referring to, I'm not intending
to horde anything in trac. I don't particularly like doing ticket
triage, and would be happy to share it with *certain* people in the
parrot community.

Regards.
--
Will "Coke" Coleda