bsdz blairuk at googlemail.com
Sat Jul 18 15:19:49 UTC 2009

On 18 July, 15:20, Chris Fields <cjfie... at illinois.edu> wrote:
> Speaking from the point of view of a complete outsider who's been
> following the parrot development cycle, what you are saying is out-of-
> line, pretty trollish in itself, and completely untrue.

It's an opinion and that's all. I knew what to expect when I decided
to make my feelings known about these issues here - I expected a
backlash from some developers. After all, who wants to admit they're
doing something wrong.  I've followed IRC and this group for some time
and know I am not alone.

> Allison's been regularly available on IRC (very easily checked here:http://irclog.perlgeek.de/search.pl?channel=parrot&nick=allison&q=)
> . She's writing a new parrot book. She's routinely working on
> concurrency (not an easy task).  She helps manage Trac.

Yes, all true. However, I am not saying she's not busy or doesn't work
hard (see my previous responses). I think an architect should look
quickly to resolve questions like: -

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/parrot-dev/browse_frm/thread/ba9403391cf5ac3d#

This thread wasn't by itself. You will find corresponding messages in
IRC and here. All of which appear to have been selectively ignored.

> I just don't understand.  You seem to want certain Trac privileges,

Why would I want privileges if as you say (1).

> Please take this into a more positive direction.  From my point of
> view the parrot devs have bent over backwards to help you out.
> Allison's responded to you at least twice (once on-list, once off)
> indicating such, and she has made a very reasonable, architecture-
> based response to the patch on Trac 11 days ago.  You've been given
> several (positive) options in which to help out, yet you've refused.
> What else do you want?

Sadly, for me, it was too little too late from Allison. Waiting 4
months for a response doesn't work for me at all. Back in April I had
a lot more time for this but after waiting a month one has to start
concentrating their energies elsewhere; that's exactly what I've done.

* FYI I will not be responding to any more posts in this thread *