Segfault during parrot "make" at r40248

Austin Hastings Austin_Hastings at Yahoo.com
Fri Jul 24 07:59:20 UTC 2009

I just updated to r40248, hoping to get an update that might fix a
problem I've been seeing.

I did a:
 > make clean
 > perl Configure.pl
 > make.

The make ran through to the point where it fails on ln -sf
blib/lib/libparrot.so.1.4.0 blib/lib/libparrot.so, and so I cp'ed it as
usual. Then I did another

 > make

This time, the make didn't run to completion, but instead I got:

make[1]: Entering directory `/mnt/win/Sources/parrot/compilers/tge'
.../../parrot ../../runtime/parrot/library/PGE/Perl6Grammar.pbc
--output=TGE/Parser.pir TGE/Parser.pg
make[1]: *** [TGE/Parser.pir] Segmentation fault
make[1]: Leaving directory `/mnt/win/Sources/parrot/compilers/tge'

It's not at all clear to me why this is happening, and it's recent. I
did an svn update last evening and had no such problems.

FWIW: I'm running Ubuntu/andLinux over Windows XP, and the development
directory is sitting on top of an NTFS partition (which is why ln -s
fails, but doesn't really explain the segfault).

=Austin