pushaction, pushmark, popmark

Andrew Whitworth wknight8111 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 26 12:05:32 UTC 2009

I'm interested in getting some more information about the three
opcodes: pushaction, pushmark, and popmark. How are these opcodes used
in practice? Who is relying on them? I'm going to start removing
stacks.c in the next week and I am going to reimplement these ops to
not rely on the functions in src/stacks.c. I want to make sure that
the reimplementations have all the same capabilities and nuances that
people are expecting now. There aren't too many tests in the suite
that exercise these opcodes, so I want to make sure I am not missing
anything.

On that same note, if we're not using these opcodes really, should we
maybe put in a deprecation notice for them?