[partcl] Status Report

Will Coleda will at coleda.com
Tue Jun 2 18:03:17 UTC 2009

I won't be able to make it to #parrotsketch today, but am happy to
report that partcl is building against svn-latest parrot and passing
all tests[1]. I am now running partcl's test suite against svn-latest
every few days to keep parrot honest.

I also added basic NaN support[2] since I had a working interpreter
and that was low-hanging fruit.

There are some parrot blockers [3] and, as always, we could use a
profiler to help us figure out where the hot spots are. These don't
necessarily require any specific Tcl knowledge.

Thanks to Tene++ for getting HLL interop between partcl and rakudo
mostly working.

Anyone interested in helping out, there's plenty of work [4] that
basically involves writing PIR to implement tests; no intimate
knowledge of tcl required.

[1] http://partcl.blogspot.com/2009/05/working-again-after-parrot-10.html
[2] http://partcl.blogspot.com/2009/06/nan-support.html
[3] http://code.google.com/p/partcl/wiki/ParrotIssues