1.3.0 Release Next Week

Will Coleda will at coleda.com
Wed Jun 10 02:10:51 UTC 2009

Here's partcl's pre-release report.

First, thanks to all the developers who have been testing partcl or
pinging me before merging things back to trunk. Makes it much easier
to insure that we're not regressing.

On Tue, Jun 9, 2009 at 8:14 PM, Andrew Whitworth<wknight8111 at gmail.com> wrote:
> It's that time of the month again. We've got the 1.3.0 release coming
> out next Tuesday

<SNIP>

> 8) <voice of chromatic> Close those tickets! </voice of chromatic>.

I try to keep a list of current Parrot issues that are blocking tcl here:

http://code.google.com/p/partcl/wiki/ParrotIssues

(also https://trac.parrot.org/parrot/search?q=tcl+blocker&noquickjump=1&ticket=on)

The biggest blockers at the moment are: memory leaks - there are
several sources of memory leaks (e.g. TTs 732, 719, 721). There are
about 15 tcl spec tests that PANIC, with 1,265 individual tests that
pass but go uncounted. The current passing test count is just over
1900 tests

Thanks to chromatic++ for all the ones he's fixed this week. He's
already reduced memory usage enough so that 4 spec tests that were
exploding can now pass or fail on their own.

Another big item- can't create faux-executable : TT #691.

--
Will "Coke" Coleda