1.3.0 Release Next Week

Andrew Whitworth wknight8111 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 14 11:42:20 UTC 2009

Hello all,

Okay, it's now Sunday where I am. Between now and the release I would
like to request that no major branches get merged, and no major
changes land in trunk that will create test failures. This is not a
complete development freeze, just me asking that commits for the next
2 days stay smallish and manageable. Nobody managed to get a profiler
tool together, but I did see some good discussion about it and maybe
we can hack one together in the next cycle. Maybe at YAPC if we can
get some interested hackers together?

I ran a fulltest last night that came back completely clean, and will
run it a few times throughout the next few days to make sure it stays
that way. A big thankyou to the people who helped clean up some of the
oft-untested distro_tests, manitests, and codetests.

A few more requests:
1) Please add those NEWS items! This has been a pretty active month,
and I want to make sure everybody gets to advertise all the cool work
you've been doing
2) Please run tests on your local machines and please update PLATFORMS
as appropriate.

Again, thank you to everybody, and here's hoping for a smooth release!